Sunday, September 4, 2011

On Her Own

Well, I know I already posted that Zoe got her license, but having her license and using her license are two completely separate things. She hadn’t really had the opportunity to drive anywhere since she passed her test until this weekend when she had to work.

I have to admit that as she drove down the driveway on her own for the first time, I had a huge lump in my throat. But, boy was I proud. It’s a wonderful thing to see your child excel, and driving is such a major pathway to independence. Scary and beautiful all at once.

Of course I ran inside to grab my camera (and I almost grabbed my car keys so I could follow her…but, I didn’t).

IMG_8192

IMG_8195

She made it there and texted me right away to let me know she’d made it just fine, and I was thankful for that. Now it seems that all I can do is slowly let go. It isn’t easy.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...