Friday, December 2, 2011

December Daily Album, Cover and Day 1

I’ve done a December Daily album a couple of times, and I like looking back on them so much, I decided to do it again this year. I did one in 2008, skipped 2009, and then did 2010. Why I skipped 2009 I can’t be sure, but I hate that I did that!

I’m going to try to post my pages as I complete them instead of doing a huge post at the end of the month. Maybe just doing one page and post a day I can keep up, but as usual, I’m not making any promises…especially since it’s already the second and I’m already a day behind! :)

I did an extremely simple cover this year, mostly because I didn’t want to spend forever on the cover alone. (I’m kinda lazy if you haven’t already figured that out.) I liked the Jovial collection from Basic Grey this year, so all of my base pages are made from that collection. The 25 is a wooden cut out, but I wanted some color on the cover so I painted it red and added a little glitter. The half circle is from My Minds Eye, Lost and Found die cut sheet.

IMG_0103

I ordered some screen prints from Hambly Art Studios this year for the pages with the numbers on them, and I really like what they add to the album. I think I’m going to leave the left page as it is, but I’m not positive yet. At the bottom is just a sticker that says “Believe in the Magic of Christmas”. The right page is one of the screen prints I ordered with just a bit of ribbon sewn on (with the help of my mom…yes, I’m that pathetic with a sewing machine!)

IMG_0104

Underneath the screen print just a bit of day one’s page is revealed, but here is what it looks like:

IMG_0105

I didn’t write anything to go with the picture, I just added some letter stickers to spell out “She’s Seventeen”. I felt like that said it all I guess! The little wooden trees are from Kaiser Craft and I liked how they looked plain, but I added just a little glitter with Stickles in icicle.

Now I’m off to get day 2 put together and hopefully I’ll be able to get all caught up tomorrow with days 2 and 3.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...