Monday, September 21, 2015

Weber’s Cider Mill Farm

Saturday morning we all got up and headed out to do some apple and peach picking. We went last year for the first time and enjoyed it so much that we knew we wanted to do it again this year. The skies were a bit overcast but it was nice out and it never rained. It cleared up in the afternoon and turned into a beautiful albeit hot day.

Harper requested I take his picture by these giant tires. :)

IMG_4602

IMG_4605

IMG_4606

IMG_4608

IMG_4609

IMG_4611

IMG_4623

IMG_4616

IMG_4618

IMG_4640

IMG_4645

Once we had all the apples and peaches we could carry we paid (8 pounds apples, 7 pounds peaches $24 total) and headed to the Johnny Appleseed festival that was just down the road. The first order of business was lunch. There were cheeseburgers (not very good) sausages (not that good either) hot dogs (okay for a hot dog) and fries as well as other offerings. The food wasn’t disgusting but they sure could do a little better. While Tony and Landon ordered everything, Harper, Dakota and I wandered around a bit before finding a table.

IMG_4652

IMG_4653

IMG_1846

IMG_1847

After eating it was time to have some fun!

IMG_4657

IMG_4662

I missed Dakota and Tony coming down the slide because just as I was about to take a picture a little boy ran right in front of them and I thought for sure they were going to take him out. That little boy got lucky though and made it by just in time.

Harper was too excited about the hay bale maze to go down the slide again so we all headed to the maze. I wasn’t feeling so good for some reason though and I ended up finding some shade to sit in while they explored the maze. I wish I’d have gotten better pictures because they sure had fun in there.

IMG_4663

This picture cracks me up! Landon’s head sticking out of the top just looks funny!

IMG_4665

When they’d finally had enough of the maze the boys did the duck races and Dakota climbed on the tire mountain.

IMG_4685

IMG_4703

Next up was the tractor ride:

IMG_1835

IMG_1837

Landon’s just a wee bit too big for the tractor ride so he took a break on the tire mountain…

IMG_1841

The kids spotted the little goats and headed that way while I took the opportunity to go inside and sit awhile. I still wasn’t feeling great and the heat wasn’t helping at all. So, I handed the camera to Tony and went in.

Here’s some of the pictures he took:

IMG_4709

IMG_4726

IMG_4730

IMG_4733

IMG_4735

We bought some apple cider donuts (delicious) an apple pie, some apple cider (I liked it!) and a couple squares of crumb cake. Harper couldn’t wait another minute to eat a peach, so he had one on the drive home.

IMG_1850

It was a great day and I imagine we’ll be back again next year!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...