Saturday, April 29, 2017

Morning at the Park

I was really surprised when I asked Alexa what the weather was going to be for today and she said a high of 91! What? It's only April for Pete's sake! I went out to water the plants on the deck and the kids asked to have their breakfast out there so that's how we began our day.



I thought it would be a good idea to get out and enjoy the day before it got too hot so I loaded up the kids' bikes and helmets and took them out to Piney Orchard playground for an hour or so. They rode around the lake and then played at the playground for a little bit. Around noon we walked over to Subway for lunch and then went back to ride bikes around the water one more time before making a quick stop at the library and heading home. 





I was pleasantly surprised by how well Harper did on his bike today. He started out nervous and slow as a snail but as time went on he did better. Before long I wasn't able to keep up with him while walking and he was getting braver and braver going around curves and downhill. He even said it had been fun to ride his bike and that he hadn't felt scared! Huge milestone for him! I guess we'll need to make sure he gets out on his bike again soon so that he keeps up his confidence! 


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...