Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Pinewood Derby, Race Day


Saturday morning was race day for Harper and the other boy scouts. The derby began at 9 am but since his troop was responsible for set up, he had to be at the school around 8 that morning. Tony, Harper and Dakota were at the school just after 8, but they didn't open the doors until 8:30, which would have been nice for them to know ahead of time. 


I got there around nine and as I walked in Harper was getting his car registered. They put a number sticker on his car and gave him a participation patch. (His car is the white one with the wolf print and #26 on it.)



The registration process took quite awhile to complete as there were many kids participating so the kids pretty much just ran around the gym while we waited for the races to begin. I was hoping things would get moving though because I had to leave at 10 to make sure Landon was up and getting ready for work. Unfortunately the races didn't begin until I was leaving and I missed it all! Luckily, Tony took some video for me to post here. :) Each participants car ran several heats, one in each car lane. Harper's best run is in the video below, where he took third. 


By the time I'd dropped Landon off at work the races had ended. All there was left to do was break everything down and clean up. The kids did seem to enjoy this event though and now we have a better idea about what to do with our car for next year. You can kind of tell which one's the kids did and which one's there might have been a lot of parental help...








No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...