Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Everglades Holiday Park


We were up bright and early Monday morning because when we decided to stay in Florida the extra days I knew we needed to go on an air boat tour. I thought being whisked around the Everglades in search of alligators sounded really exciting, and it really was a lot of fun!

We ended up seeing five or six different alligators and our guide was able to tell us their names and a bit about each one of them. It was all very interesting and our guide kept it entertaining as well. Some of them came very close to the boat while others kept their distance...we preferred the latter.









A couple things we learned about air boats:

1) they are very loud 
2) they can go surprisingly fast and at times it feels like its coming up off the water 
3) they are a really fun way to get around and to see alligators in their natural habitat


After our boat tour we were ushered over to a small, sparsely shaded area where we were treated to a very short alligator show. Now, we've been to lots of alligator parks/shows and I have to say that this one was kind of lame. I mean yeah, there was a man standing in the water with a bunch of alligators all around him but the level of excitement just wasn't there. It was so miserably hot too that it was hard to concentrate on anything other than the sweat dripping down our backs. 

Before we left we were able to get a family photo with a baby gator and surprisingly Harper wanted to hold it! 


I'm so glad we got to do this and I'd absolutely recommend an air boat tour to anyone considering doing it! 





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...